Alexa is an Associate Solicitor who advises on a wide range of disputes including general commercial, banking and finance, commercial fraud, professional negligence, insolvency and shareholder disputes.
She acts for both high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients in complex High Court proceedings and all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Alexa obtained a MA Hons in Politics from the University of Edinburgh before completing her GDL and LPC. She trained at DaySparkes and, as part of her training, completed a 4-month secondment to the Finance & Real Estate department of Dechert LLP. Alexa qualified as a solicitor in 2015.
Examples of recent work include:
- Acting for the former director of Powa Technologies (“Powa”) in his defence of guarantee proceedings arising out of the administration of Powa in February 2016 and the same of its material assets to a third party controlled by Powa’s secured creditor and another former director.
- Advising and representing victims of the infamous HBOS Reading/Quayside Corporate Services scandal arising out of the fraud that was perpetrated between 2002 and 2007 by Lynden Scourfield and others on numerous SMEs who had been transferred to the “higher risk” division of HBOS.
- Advising an international auction house in its defence of claims arising out of the crash of a Ferrari F50 supercar and its pursuit of Part 20 indemnity proceedings against its storage company.
- Advising two “Class X” noteholders in their claims against the Issuer, the Note Trustee and the Cash Manager of a commercial mortgage-backed securitisation (“CMBS”) for the recovery of significant underpayments of Class X interest over many years.
- Advising an AIM-listed investment trust based in the Isle of Man in a multi-million Euro professional negligence claim against its former advisers arising out of a substantial corporate re-structuring in 2008.
- Advising one of the UK’s leading specialists in the sale, purchase and management of ground rent portfolios, in a multi-million claim against a major UK bank arising out of the alleged misselling of 26 separate swaps.
- Advising a high net-worth husband and wife in connection with possession proceedings and a substantial damages claim involving the enforceability of a mortgage and wider considerations of various personal guarantees and other security purportedly provided by our clients to the Bank to secure company debts. It also involved topical allegations of misselling in connection with a loan taken out by our clients pursuant to the Government-backed Enterprise Finance Guarantee scheme.
- Advising the estate of a deceased international hotelier in his defence of claims for the just and equitable winding up of a Panamanian SPV investment company and a related freezing injunction arising out of a piece of investment land in the M4/Heathrow corridor.
- Acting for a Texas Trust in contesting an anti-suit injunction obtained by a major UK Bank, restraining $100m fraud proceedings brought in Texas.