Catherine is an Associate Solicitor at DaySparkes, specialising in commercial litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
Catherine advises on a wide range of court and arbitral matters, including joint-venture disputes, banking claims, fraud actions, shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, and post-judgment enforcement proceedings. Her cases frequently have a multi-jurisdictional element to them and she regularly acts in cases involving freezing injunctions and other forms of interim relief.
Prior to joining DaySparkes, Catherine qualified and practised as a barrister with the Crown Prosecution Service, after completing the Bar Vocational Course at BPP Law School and being called to the Bar of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Middle Temple (2012) (Queen Mother’s Scholarship 2011).
In 2016, Catherine dual-qualified as a Solicitor, after completing the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme. She has Higher Rights of Audience and is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
Examples of recent work include:
- Advising a Russian private equity firm in relation to attempts to join it to international arbitrations arising out of a joint-venture hotel dispute.
- Advising and representing victims of the infamous HBOS Reading/Quayside Corporate Services scandal arising out of the fraud that was perpetrated between 2002 and 2007 by Lynden Scourfield and others on numerous SMEs who had been transferred to the “higher risk” division of HBOS.
- Representing two Ukrainian oil trading companies in an arbitration and a related High Court application for a worldwide freezing order arising out of a claim by a major Russian oil trader for the recovery of monies which were said to be owing under a joint venture agreement between the parties for the import and sale of oil and other products into the Ukraine.
- Acting for the exclusive distributor of a global food brand in the UK, Ireland and France in connection with a multi-million Dollar dispute with a US company arising out of their termination of our client’s distribution agreement.
- Advising the wife of a former Russian oligarch in connection with a substantial High Court fraud action and related worldwide freezing injunction brought by a prominent Russian lender.
- Acting for a multi-national marketing and advertising technology business in its enforcement of a New Zealand judgment against a Cayman registered company’s shares, listed on the London Stock Exchange.