DaySparkes has acted for claimants in a number of professional negligence claims against lawyers, architects, interior designers, accountants and investment advisers. Our lawyers are adept at handling these sensitive cases, often making use of alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as mediation, to achieve swift results.
Examples of our work in recent years include:
- Acting for an AIM-listed property investment trust in relation to a multi-million Euro damages claim against its former accounting and legal advisers arising out of a substantial corporate re-structuring.
- Acting for an international client in a dispute with a well-known US firm arising out of failed Intellectual Property proceedings.
- Advising a client in relation to claims against his former solicitor arising out of the solicitor’s drafting of a pleading and an ensuing application for summary judgment.
- Acting for a well-known global corporation in its claim against its former lawyers for failing to file a dilapidations notice on time.
- Acting for a high-net-worth husband and wife in their claim against their former lawyers for negligent advice received in respect of a legal mortgage over their family home and other charges / personal guarantees which they provided to secure company debts.
- Acting for a managing director of a major US investment Bank in connection with a bitterly contested claim against his former architectural/interior designers and their subrogated insurers.
- Advising a property development company in connection with its claims against its former architect arising out of a prominent residential development in Ipswich.
- Advising a high net worth individual in connection with his claims against his former accountants, arising out of their failure to consider the substantial capital gains tax implications of a transaction.
- Advising a trading company in relation to a claim against a former advisor who allegedly failed to properly conduct a multi-million pound appeal in the VAT & Duties Tribunal.